Tortellini & Chicken Caesar Salad Recipe
- 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 cup creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine chicken, onion, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine salad mix, tomatoes, olives, tortellini and chicken mixture. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and bacon. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tortellini & Chicken Caesar Salad
"What are the nutritional facts?"
"FANTASTIC! A salad everyone loves..."
"The salad was good, but it didn't blow me away. I made it exactly by the recipe. I think the dressing wasn't one that I cared for a whole lot....maybe another dressing would make me like it better. The dressing was what the entire salad tasted like - I couldn't taste the chicken. A great idea as far as all the ingredients in it- I think I could make it taste like 5 stars with some tweaking."
"I feel so badly about this review. I wanted to love this and I couldn't. All the elements were good, but-and remember this is just one person's opinion-there were just too many elements combined. I think it's neither a cold pasta salad or a vegetable salad. It's just too confusing. If you make this take justmbeth's hint and cut the chicken into smaller pieces. My hint is that if you like olives in salad ditch the nasty canned ones and buy from an olive bar and slice yourself."
"I made this for dinner tonight and it was great!"
"I omitted the olives but otherwise it was FANTASTIC! Even my 8 year old loved it!"