Leftover mashed potatoes don't have to be plain and boring. Simply stir in sour cream and onions and top with cheese for a creative new way to serve taters.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups leftover mashed potatoes
- 3/4 cup sour cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onions with tops, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine the potatoes, 1/4 cup of sour cream, 1 tablespoon green onions and the garlic salt; mix well. Spoon into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover, spread with the remaining sour cream. Sprinkle with the cheese and remaining onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 291 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 631mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Topped Taters in 1996 Taste of Home Meals in Minutes Calendar
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.