- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRIES:
- 2 ounces dark chocolate candy bar
- 3 fresh strawberries
- 1 square (1 ounce) white baking chocolate
- CARAMEL TOPPING:
- 6 caramels
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- Whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- BERRY TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 6 fresh raspberries
- 6 fresh blackberries
- 6 fresh blueberries
- In a bowl, combine crumbs and butter. Press firmly onto the bottom of an 8-in. square baking dish. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and 2/3 cup sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and the almond extract. Pour over crust. Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until set.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, and remaining sugar and vanilla. Spread over filling; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt candy bar at 50% power; stir until smooth. Dip bottoms of strawberries in chocolate and place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet to set. Microwave white chocolate, uncovered, at 50% power until melted; stir until smooth. Drizzle over strawberries. Refrigerate until serving.
- Just before serving, cut cheesecake into nine squares. Place chocolate strawberries on three cheesecake squares.
- For caramel topping, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine caramels and cream. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds, stirring once. Spoon over three cheesecake squares. Top with a dollop of whipped cream; sprinkle with almonds.
- For berry topping, in a small microwave-safe bowl, combine jam and berries. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds, stirring once. Spoon over remaining squares. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forTopped Cheesecake Squares
"Really good cheesecake, I will definitely make this again. I actually doubled this and baked it in. 13x9 Pan, so it’s also great for a crowd"
"Delicious recipe. Could not find chocolate crumbs so used Belvita crackers crumbled up which worked fine. Substituted Greek cream cheese/yoghurt blend which worked fine also. Topped with cherry compote and a little drizzle of Chambord. Lots of rave reviews. p.s. Went a little heavy on the vanilla."
"This looks like a nice easy recipe,I love that it uses an 8 inch square pan instead of a springform pan,also I think it could be topped with lots of other things and not just limited to the three toppings shown here."