- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground nutmeg, allspice and cloves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Confectioners' sugar
- Reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the pumpkin, sugar, buttermilk, oil, water, eggs, egg whites and vanilla until well blended.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, cinnamon, baking soda, baking power, salt, nutmeg, allspice and cloves; gradually beat into pumpkin mixture until blended. Stir in raisins and chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forTop-Rated Pumpkin Spice Cake
"Delicious. Many compliments. Didn't have the correct pan so I made it using a glass bowl with a jar in the middle. It took a little longer to bake this way, but worked just fine."
"Oh yes I made this last week. It was gone in 2 1/2 days and there are only two of us here. Does that tell you how great it was."
"this was awesome ! it did not make 16 servings in our house - more like 9 or 10."
"cake was o.k. but I have tasted better. I will save my pumpkin for pies and pumpkin rolls."
"Great tasting cake... it was a hit with my family. Not too much for pumpkin flavor, but still very tasty. Dense and moist."
"Great tasting cake... it was a hit with my family. Not much pumpkin flavor, but still very tasty. Dense and moist."
"Perfect timing. I just made fresh pumpkin puree this week"