Too-Easy Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and coarsely ground pepper, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in tortellini. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. stir in the beans, tomatoes and basil. Simmer for 4-6 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in the vinegar. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pepper if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 276 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 457mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Too-Easy Tortellini Soup
"I love this recipe and make it often. I use chick peas in place of the beans, just because I love them. Thanks for sharing!"
"been making this for quite a few years now, exact recipe. love it and family loves it"
"It's excellent even re-heated. For you Weight Watchers it's low points."