- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped dried mangoes
- 1/2 cup pistachios, toasted and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, orange peel and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in coconut, mangoes and pistachios.
- Divide dough in half. On ungreased baking sheets, shape each half into a 12x4-in. rectangle. Bake 15-20 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Cool on pans on wire racks until cool enough to handle. Transfer baked rectangles to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Place on ungreased baking sheets, cut side down. Bake 6-7 minutes longer or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forToni's Tropical Biscotti
"Original recipe was written using 30 min initial bake time and then 10 min on each side after cut, in my opinion, it needs the extra time."