Total TimePrep: 1 hour Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package cake mix of your choice (regular size)
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 Milano cookies
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1/2 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 24 orange gumdrops
- 3 green gumdrops, cut into small pieces
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely.
- For tombstones, in the microwave, melt chocolate chips. Pipe "RIP" onto cookies; place on waxed paper to dry.
- Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with chocolate wafer crumbs. Carefully insert tombstones into cupcakes. Arrange chow mein noodles to resemble fingers. Use gumdrops to make pumpkins; place in front of tombstones.
Oct 19, 2011
My daughter & I whipped these up for her after soccer game snack. Everyone loved them! We switched a few things up by using a dark green icing color and exchanged the pumpkin for a few bone shaped candies we found at a local store. Easy & fun!