VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package cake mix of your choice (regular size)
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 Milano cookies
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1/2 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 1 cup chow mein noodles
- 24 orange gumdrops
- 3 green gumdrops, cut into small pieces
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes; cool completely.
- For tombstones, in the microwave, melt chocolate chips. Pipe "RIP" onto cookies; place on waxed paper to dry.
- Frost cupcakes; sprinkle with chocolate wafer crumbs. Carefully insert tombstones into cupcakes. Arrange chow mein noodles to resemble fingers. Use gumdrops to make pumpkins; place in front of tombstones. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Tombstone Cupcakes in Taste of Home Halloween Party Food 2007, p31
Reviews forTombstone Cupcakes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2011
"My daughter & I whipped these up for her after soccer game snack. Everyone loved them! We switched a few things up by using a dark green icing color and exchanged the pumpkin for a few bone shaped candies we found at a local store. easy & fun!"