Tomatoes with Parsley Pesto
You'll love the summery flavor of this pretty salad. It's a snap to whip up the pesto in the blender then pour it over ripe tomato wedges. —Donna Hackman, Bedford, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In a blender, combine the parsley, chives, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until finely chopped. Add oil and vinegar.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, add tomatoes; toss to coat.