"You'll love the summery flavor of this pretty salad," relates Donna Hackman, Bedford, Virginia. "It's a snap to whip up the pesto in the blender, then pour it over ripe tomato wedges."
Recommended: Fresh Basil Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In a blender or food processor, combine parsley, chives, garlic, salt if desired and pepper. Cover and process until finely chopped. Add oil and vinegar; mix well. Transfer to a bowl; cover and refrigerate. When ready to serve, add tomatoes and gently toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomatoes with Parsley Pesto in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p46