"You'll love the summery flavor of this pretty salad," relates Donna Hackman, Bedford, Virginia. "It's a snap to whip up the pesto in the blender, then pour it over ripe tomato wedges."
Recommended: 57 Recipes with Fresh Herbs
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- In a blender, combine the parsley, chives, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and process until finely chopped. Add oil and vinegar.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving. Just before serving, add tomatoes; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomatoes with Parsley Pesto in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p46