Tomatoes with Parsley Dressing
The perfect balance of herbs and seasonings brings out the fabulous flavor of vine-ripened tomatoes. This dish always appeals to everyone who tries it.—Helen Morgenroth, Port Lavaca, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 6 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh marjoram or 3/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place tomatoes in a large bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in a container with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over tomatoes. Chill for several hours or overnight, spooning dressing over tomatoes at least twice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 257 calories, 25g fat (3g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 409mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Marinated Bean Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.