- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or milk
- In a large saucepan, saute onion, celery, garlic and green pepper in oil until tender. Add zucchini, tomatoes, broth, basil and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in cream; heat through. Serve hot or cold. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forTomato Zucchini Soup
"I have made this recipe several times. My family enjoys it very much."
"This is an awesome soup...My kids loved it. We will definately make it again."