Tomato Zucchini Platter
If making this pretty vegetable salad for a potluck, make sure you use a platter with raised sides to prevent it from spilling when transporting it.—Charlotte Bryont, Greensburg, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Pitted ripe olives
- Place 1 in. of water and zucchini in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and pat dry. Arrange zucchini and tomatoes in alternating circles on a serving platter.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, salt, mustard, oregano and pepper; shake well. Drizzle over zucchini and tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Place olives in center of vegetables.