Everyone enjoys the flavor of this delicious and different way to serve zucchini. It is a healthy, quick meal to prepare and a change from what we know as pizza. Guests will never guess what the "secret ingredient" is!
Recommended: Our Most-Loved Recipes for Zucchini
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 medium fresh tomatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Press excess liquid from zucchini and place in a bowl. Add the egg substitute, flour, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon basil and seasoning blend; mix well. Spread in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°. Sprinkle zucchini crust with green onions, olives, green pepper, cheese, and remaining oregano and basil. Cover with tomato slices.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zucchini Pizza in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p223