Tomato Zucchini Bake
My family likes this at the holiday time or anytime we can all get together because it tastes like pizza and they get their veggies. Pairs well with Gallo FAmily Vineyards Chardonnay.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 6 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano or Italian seasoning
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Garlic salt to taste
- Coat a 2 qt. baking dish with cooking spray. Add zucchini and sprinkle with garlic salt to taste. Combine stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce and oregano; pour over zucchini. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until zucchini is tender and cheese begins to brown.