Tomato-Walnut Pesto Spread
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 tablespoons chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- Assorted crackers
- Line a 4-cup mold with plastic wrap; coat with cooking spray. Place tomatoes in bottom of mold; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cheeses, sour cream and butter until blended. In another bowl, combine walnuts and pesto. Spread cheese mixture over tomatoes in prepared mold; top with walnut mixture.
- Bring edges of plastic wrap together over pesto; press down gently to seal. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm. Open plastic wrap; invert mold onto a serving plate. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 129 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 2, 2019
This is a keeper! I didn't change a thing. After patting tomatoes dry of extra oil with paper towel, I cut them with my kitchen shears, (easier than using my paring knife). I placed a paper towel folded into quarters on top of pesto before closing up clear wrap. It sucked up the extra oil in the pesto. Just make sure to remove paper towel before inverting onto your serving dish. This recipe made a nice sized portion to take to my party. All gone, I just brought home some of the extra crackers I didn't put out. I did bring a balsamic glaze with me and my husband suggested I drizzle some on. It enhanced the taste even more!!! Thanks for another easy and tasty recipe!
Aug 11, 2013
Dec 18, 2012
This was excellent and I got so manycomplements on this appetizer. I chopped the sundried tomatoes in a smalll food processor which made it more spreadable. I have made this recipe twice already. Once in a 3-cup mold and one in a 4-cup. Both were great!
Nov 27, 2012
I have been making this recipe for many many years... it is always a big hit for guests at christmas