Tomato Vinaigrette Salad
A few years ago, I found a recipe in our local newspaper for this tart vinaigrette. Since then I have used it often, and I frequently use it with tomato-artichoke salad.—Janelle Moore, Federal Way, Washington
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 10 cups torn romaine
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- In a serving bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes, artichoke, olives, onion and cheese.
- In a blender, combine the tomato, vinegars, honey, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately.