Tomato-Topped Cod Recipe
Fresh tomato slices and a buttery topping jazz up plain fish fillets in this easy oven entree from Kathleen Taugher of East Troy, Wisconsin. The tempting treatment helps keep the cod moist and flavorful.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 pounds cod fillets
- Pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1. In a bowl, combine the water and lemon juice. Add fish; soak for 5 minutes. Drain and place fish in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with pepper. Layer with onion, tomatoes and green pepper. Combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over top.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 158 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 391mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Tomato-Topped Cod
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC