Tomato slices and basil give garden-fresh flavor to this moist, tender chicken from Ruth Andrewson of Leavenworth, Washington. "I keep a resealable bag of individually frozen chicken breasts in my freezer, so it's easy to take out just two for this recipe," she notes.
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Chicken Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing, divided
- 4 slices tomato, 1/4 inch thick
- 4 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken in a shallow bowl; pour 1/4 cup dressing over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a shallow baking dish; discard marinade. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Cover and bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Top each chicken breast with tomato slices, crumbs, basil and cheese. Cover and bake for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reaches 170°, Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Topped Chicken in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p16
Reviews forTomato-Topped Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review