Tomato Strip Salad
At the height of tomato-growing season, everyone in the family could depend on Mom to make this colorful salad. I can still picture her setting it on the table in a pretty yellow bowl.—Mary Jo Amos, Noel, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen peas, parboiled
- 2 tablespoons fresh green chili strips
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, toss tomato strips, peas, chili strips, lemon juice and cilantro. Cover and chill. Serve on a bed of lettuce.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 61 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Tomato Strip Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1994