Tomato Spinach Salad
When she serves fresh spinach tossed with a creamy dill dressing, Ruth Seitz of Columbus Junction, Iowa receives plenty of compliments. "The recipe is a longtime favorite," she says.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, torn
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- In a jar with tight-fitting lid, combine first six ingredients; shake well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, in a large salad bowl combine spinach and tomatoes. Shake dressing; drizzle over salad and toss.
Editor's Note: If dressing thickens, thin with additional milk if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 145 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Tomato Spinach Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1995