Tomato Shrimp Appetizer
I was given this delicious and festive recipe back when my husband was serving in the U.S. Coast Guard. It's been a huge hit at every party I've ever taken it to. —Marguerite Martin, Southwest Harbor, Maine
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 9 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- Assorted crackers
- In a large saucepan, bring soup to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir into soup mixture until dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the shrimp, mayonnaise, celery and onions. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Chill until firm, about 4 hours. Unmold onto a serving platter; serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 97 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Tomato Shrimp Appetizer in Country Woman Christmas 2004