I was given this delicious and festive recipe back when my husband was serving in the U.S. Coast Guard. It's been a huge hit at every party I've ever taken it to.
Recommended: 50+ Brilliant Recipes for Food on a Stick
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- Assorted crackers
- In a large saucepan, bring soup to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir into soup mixture until dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the shrimp, mayonnaise, celery and onions. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Chill until firm, about 4 hours. Unmold onto a serving platter; serve with crackers. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Tomato Shrimp Appetizer in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p33
Reviews forTomato Shrimp Appetizer
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2011
"This is a wonderful dip that my mother made at Christmas time every year when I was a child. I use small fresh shimp and chop them. This is a nice shrimp dip."