Tomato-Sesame Pasta Toss Recipe
This hearty warm pasta salad features so many flavors and textures, it's amazing they all fit in one bowl! "The sesame oil and soy sauce give it an Asian flair," shares Betty Mitchem of Satsuma, Alabama.
- 4 quarts water
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, broken in half
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 14 to 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup torn fresh spinach
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add pasta; boil for 4 minutes. Add broccoli, boil 2 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Rinse with cold water and drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, onions and cashews; toss.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture; gently toss to coat. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup: 260 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 399mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Tomato-Sesame Pasta Toss
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC