Tomato Sausage Ziti
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 8 ounces turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a nonstick skillet. Add onion and garlic; cook over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink. Drain. Add the tomatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in half-and-half; heat through (do not boil). Drain pasta; add sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 247 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 503mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Dec 4, 2013
Fabulous! Great combination of flavors, I thought it was a bit salty so I added an 8oz can of tomato sauce and that did the trick. We loved this dish, and will definitely be making it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.