- 8 ounces uncooked ziti or small tube pasta
- 8 ounces turkey Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a nonstick skillet. Add onion and garlic; cook over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink. Drain. Add the tomatoes and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in half-and-half; heat through (do not boil). Drain pasta; add sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forTomato Sausage Ziti
"Fabulous! Great combination of flavors, I thought it was a bit salty so I added an 8oz can of tomato sauce and that did the trick. We loved this dish, and will definitely be making it again."