Tomato Rosemary Hummus
Crispy pita chips are the perfect accompaniment to a creamy hummus infused with the appealing tastes of tomato and rosemary.
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Baked pita chips
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 20-30 minutes or until light golden brown. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Cool slightly. Transfer onion mixture to a food processor. Add the beans, tomato paste, rosemary, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Serve with chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 115 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as tomato rosemary hummus in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.