- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a 3-cup microwave-safe dish, melt butter. Stir in the rice and onion. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2-3 minutes or until rice is lightly browned and onion is tender, stirring once. Add broth. Cover and cook on high for 13-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in the green onion, tomato and parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forTomato Rice Pilaf
"I doubled this recipe. I don't know if it's because I used low sodium chicken broth, but I found this dish to be completely flavorless. I had to add a lot of salt."
"Absolutely love this dish. My daughter requests to have this made a least once a week."
"quick and yummy side dish. I served this with the Salisbury Steak recipe from the same issue. It was fresh and light tasting."
"Awesome, quick side dish to throw together! Will definitely do frequently. Although it said 2 servings, it served 4 quite well."