Tomato Pizza Bread
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 plum tomato, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, optional
- On a greased baking sheet, roll pizza crust into a 12x8-in. rectangle. Bake at 425° for 6-8 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Sprinkle with garlic, oregano and half of the cheese.
- Arrange tomato slices in a single layer over cheese. Top with remaining cheese and Italian seasoning if desired. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and crust is lightly browned.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 132 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 303mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 19, 2016
This was really good but I added mayonnaise. I spread the mayonnaise on first like you would marinara sauce for pizza. It was a great addition!
Jan 21, 2014
This is very good and easy. It's a great appetizer for a party.
Feb 28, 2011
Delicious. Brought back memories of my Mom's pizza bread. I changed two things, I made my own pizza crust (a must!) and I added some provolone slices to the top. Thanks again.
Sep 29, 2010
We all loved this recipe, The second time I made it, I cooked 5 pieces of pre-cooked Bacon and crumbled them over the Tomatoes before adding the cheese.Absolutely delicious.
Dec 8, 2009
So easy to make and delicious. My whole family enjoys when I make this recipe. Its great with soup, pasta or just to eat by itself