Because we grew so many nice big tomatoes last year, I created this recipe. The combination of the two different dressings really make this pasta salad unique.
Recommended: 50 Pasta Recipes from Around the World
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 medium fresh tomatoes, diced
- 3 medium cucumbers, diced
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup tricolor spiral pasta, cooked and drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1/2 cup French salad dressing
- Toss the first eight ingredients in a large bowl. Combine the dressings and stir into vegetable mixture. Chill before serving. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Pasta Salad in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p7