Tomato Pancakes Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Butter and maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a blender, combine the tomatoes, eggs and oil; cover and process until the tomatoes are finely chopped. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in the tomato mixture just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with butter and syrup if desired. Yield: about 12 pancakes.
2 each: 173 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 488mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Pancakes
"This is the same as my Dad's recipe that he got from his Mom. My favorites! I like to fry these in hot bacon grease so that they are crispy on the outside and only put butter on them . They are delicious!"
"Tomatoes in a pancake? Really?"