- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Butter and maple syrup, optional
- In a blender, combine the tomatoes, eggs and oil; cover and process until the tomatoes are finely chopped. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Stir in the tomato mixture just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with butter and syrup if desired. Yield: about 12 pancakes.
Reviews forTomato Pancakes
"This is the same as my Dad's recipe that he got from his Mom. My favorites! I like to fry these in hot bacon grease so that they are crispy on the outside and only put butter on them . They are delicious!"
"Tomatoes in a pancake? Really?"