Tomato Onion Quiche Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
- 2 small plum tomatoes, seeded and thinly sliced
- 3 medium fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. Cut pastry sheet in half. Repackage and refrigerate one half for another use. On a lightly floured surface, roll out remaining half into an 8-in. circle. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate; flute edges.
- 2. Layer half of the mozzarella cheese, onion and tomatoes in pastry. Top with mushrooms; layer with remaining mozzarella cheese, onion and tomatoes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cream, mustard and herbs; pour over top.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 3 servings.
1 piece: 436 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 265mg cholesterol, 516mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Onion Quiche
"did anyone try to double and cook in 9inch pan? how long would you cook it? I really want to try it with friends, but need to make bigger"
"The only change I made was less onion, just not that big on onions. OH & I made my own pie crust. This is great!!"
"This really exceeded my expectations! Only alteration was increasing the cheese amounts. We really like cheese. Mozzarella was a little more than 1 1/2 C and parmesan was about 1/2 C."
"This is really really good. I've made it twice so far and have gotten rave reviews every time."