- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 7 sheets sheets phyllo dough (18 inches x 14 inches)
- 7 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 7 to 9 plum tomatoes (about 1-1/4 pounds), sliced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brush a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with some of the melted butter. Lay a sheet of phyllo in pan, folding edges in to fit (keep remaining dough covered with waxed paper to avoid drying out). Brush dough with butter and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers five times, folding edges for each layer.
- Top with remaining dough, folding edges to fit pan; brush with remaining butter. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; arrange onion and tomatoes over the cheese. Sprinkle with oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and remaining Parmesan. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Yield: 28 slices.
Reviews forTomato-Onion Phyllo Pizza
"Very good and easy. Followed recipe. Made half like recipe other half added sausage on top. Loved them both. Great way to use tomatoes ."
"I made this recipe and found it to be wonderful. Very easy"
"I made this for the first time last night. I didn't have dried oregano or thyme, but I did have Italian Dried Herbs, which has that in it plus dried basil and dried marjoram. My husband LOVED it! So did I. It was very easy to make, turned out perfect and delicious. This will be one of my favorite recipes from now on!"
"Love! I put finely chopped kale between the layers of phyllo! It was fantastic!"
"This is one of my favorite TOH's recipes EVER!"
"Have been making this for years from Taste of Home. Since then, I've seem similar versions that were sort of copies, but nothing is better than this one!!! Everyone loves it and it makes a nice big batch."
"SOOO good, and not difficult to make. I put it in the freezer as soon as I assembled it, and popped it into the oven the next day. It was beautiful and perfect. I'm making it again tonight, but crumbling bacon on top of it. Mmmmm...YUM!"
"My family loves this pizza. We've made it many times."