Tomato Nacho Dip Recipe
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) cubed process American cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine chilies, onion and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until butter is melted. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk until blended. Cook, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add cheeses and tomato. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
2 tablespoons: 77 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Nacho Dip
"Excellent... however, my family likes this type of dip a bit more spicy, so I added 1/2 cup chopped hot peppers and some of the juice from the jar, and some hot Taco Sauce.. that added the zip needed. And, it needs to stay warm, so I served it from a small crock pot set on warm. My family raved. I liked the ease of making it mostly in the microwave."