- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- Tortilla chips
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the chilies, onion and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 45 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in milk until blended.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until thickened. Add cheeses and tomato. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 2-2/3 cups.
Reviews forTomato Nacho Dip
"Excellent... however, my family likes this type of dip a bit more spicy, so I added 1/2 cup chopped hot peppers and some of the juice from the jar, and some hot Taco Sauce.. that added the zip needed. And, it needs to stay warm, so I served it from a small crock pot set on warm. My family raved. I liked the ease of making it mostly in the microwave."