Tomato Mushroom Consomme
A family friend gave me this recipe. Fresh mushrooms and seasonings really dress up canned consomme. I like to serve it alongside a sandwich for a complete meal.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a saucepan, saute mushrooms and dill in butter for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.