Tomato Leek Tarts
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 pound leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 6 medium plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place both pastry sheets on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle each with provolone cheese, leaving 1 in. around edges. Arrange leeks and tomato slices over provolone cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Top with mozzarella cheese. Fold edges over filling.
- Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until crusts are lightly browned. Cut into wedges. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 280 calories, 16g fat (8g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Jan 30, 2014
I love this recipe, it is so light and fresh and a quick solution to dinner. I've begun to play around with the recipe and did a leek, potato combination instead of tomatoes once. Highly recommend!
Dec 31, 2010
easy to make, my daughter enjoyed helping. Nice flavour, I let the tomatoes drain on paper towels for a half hour before putting it all together.