- 1 package (15 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) provolone cheese, shredded
- 1 pound leeks (white portion only), sliced
- 6 medium plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place both pastry sheets on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle each with provolone cheese, leaving 1 in. around edges. Arrange leeks and tomato slices over provolone cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and pepper. Top with mozzarella cheese. Fold edges over filling.
- Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes or until crusts are lightly browned. Cut into wedges. Serve warm. Yield: 2 tarts, 12 servings total.
Reviews forTomato Leek Tarts
"easy to make, my daughter enjoyed helping. Nice flavour, I let the tomatoes drain on paper towels for a half hour before putting it all together."