Tomato Herb Frittata
Fresh herbs and garlic really add to the flavor of this hearty, savory and filling egg dish. Every slice is brimming with cheesy eggs and bright tomatoes.—Candy Summerhill, Alexander, Arkansas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 9 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Thinly sliced fresh basil, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, 3/4 cup cheese, milk, herbs, salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, saute tomatoes in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Pour egg mixture into pan; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into wedges. Garnish with sliced basil if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 227 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 332mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Tomato and Herb Frittata in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.