Tomato Garlic Chicken
I came up with this recipe many years ago as a way to warm up my family during cooler weather. The appealing aroma of garlic and fresh basil wafts through the house as it bakes.—Barbara Hasanat, Tucson, Arizona
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine garlic and salt; let stand for 15-20 minutes. Add potatoes and 2 tablespoons oil.
- 2. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the potato mixture, onion, chicken and tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil. Drizzle with remaining oil.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and potatoes are tender.
1 cup: 762 calories, 39g fat (8g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 48g protein.
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC