Tomato Garlic Chicken
I came up with this recipe many years ago as a way to warm up my family during cooler weather. The appealing aroma of garlic and fresh basil wafts through the house as it bakes.—Barbara Hasanat, Tucson, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + standing Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- In a large bowl, combine garlic and salt; let stand for 15-20 minutes. Add potatoes and 2 tablespoons oil.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the potato mixture, onion, chicken and tomatoes. Sprinkle with basil. Drizzle with remaining oil.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and potatoes are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 762 calories, 39g fat (8g saturated fat), 131mg cholesterol, 727mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 6g fiber), 48g protein.
Originally published as Tomato Garlic Chicken in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.