Tomato Garden Pasta
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding beans during the last 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper. Stir in the tomatoes, garlic, chives and basil. Drain pasta mixture and add to tomato mixture; toss to coat. Serve warm or at room temperature. Sprinkle with cheese just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 242 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 372mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
May 14, 2015
Thought this was delicious--just wish there was nutritional info available!
Dec 30, 2011
needs more sauce, got a bit dry
Aug 1, 2011
This was really easy to make and delicious! The veggies give it great color and all the flavors compliment each other. Great summertime pasta salad! I'm thinking about adding grilled chicken to it next time to add some protein so it can be more of a main dish.
Jan 3, 2011
I used multi-grain pasta. My grandson loved it!!!
Oct 10, 2009
Used it for vegetarian meal and as a side for the carnivores!
Aug 17, 2009
Makes a great summer lunch. I just shred a cooked deli chicken and add it to the salad to make a full meal. I've made this many times using whatever vegetables are on sale. Frozen whole green beans work great. You don't need to thaw them before adding to the pasta cooking water.
Mar 26, 2009
I made this last night for dinner and it was fantastic! I added a bit more balsamic and used scallions instead of chives just cut very thin and added chopped grilled chicken to make it a main meal. It was really delicious and felt like I was eating something hearty while still being healthy! I used rigatoni instead of bow ties just because it is what I had on had and it was perfect!