Both they young and young at heart will gobble up this cheesy tomato fondue when served alongside hot dogs and bread cubes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 1 cup
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/2 cup condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 10 slices process American cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup milk
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature hot dogs or smoked sausage, warmed
- Cubed French bread
- Rub garlic clove over the bottom and sides of a small fondue pot or a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker; discard garlic and set fondue pot aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the tomato soup, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; heat through. Stir in cheese until melted. Stir in milk; heat through.
- Transfer to prepared fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with hot dogs and bread cubes.
Originally published as Tomato Fondue in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003