Tomato-Dill Shrimp Stew
"Here in the Northwest, we have a seemingly endless supply of seafood, so we're always searching for creative new recipes," reveals Renton, Washington cook Jennie Benjaminson. "This thick hearty stew was a big hit when I served it one year on Father's Day. My dad loved it! And so did everyone else."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and devined
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, dill, mustard, honey and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Add the shrimp, cheese and parsley; simmer 5 minutes longer.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 306 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 246mg cholesterol, 1282mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Tomato-Dill Shrimp Stew in Light & Tasty June/July 2001