- 1 medium tomato
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Slice tomato into 1/2-in. thick slices; drain on a paper towel for 5-10 minutes. Place on a greased broiler pan. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Spread with mayonnaise. Top with bacon, cheese and oregano. Broil 3 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese melts. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forTomato Delight
"Outstanding indeed. I added a small piece of toasted and buttered Rye bread round as a base for the broiled tomato. It caught all of the nice tomato and bacon juices from the tomato as it broiled. I used Garlic powder instead of garlic salt and I added that along with some freshly cracked black pepper into the Mayonnaise. I also used fresh Oregano. I served it as an appetizer but it would also be fabulous serve for lunch.Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor"
"What an outstanding recipe! It was so easy to prepare and tasted great...I can't wait to make these tomatoes again!"
"Tastes like a blt without the bread. Very yummy and will definitely make these again soon!"
"Really liked this - simple and yummy! It looked pretty on the serving platter too."
"This was delious, even my daughter who will not eat tomatoes asked for seconds. Great combination of cheese and bacon"
"This was very good and a quick side dish to throw together when the tomatoes are plentiful from the garden. I used real bacon bits instead of the bacon to save time."
"I really lliked this, and it was so easy to prepare. Will definitely make again."
"We grew our own tomotoes last year so this recipe was made quite often. It is wonderful. If I am in a hurry, I sprinkle real bacon bits on them instead of cooking the bacon....YUMMY..."
"Yum! I was apprehensive about using the mayo, but I did and it added a great flavor, I usual don't like mayo. I will make Tomato Delight many more times."