"I like this simple soup because the fresh tomato flavor really stands out," notes Joyce Woldt of Waupaca, Wisconsin. "It's a favorite at our house alongside a toasted cheese sandwich."
Recommended: Fresh Basil Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons uncooked couscous
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the broth, tomatoes and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in couscous and salt. Let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Couscous Soup in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p5
Reviews forTomato Couscous Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2012
"OM NOM NOM NOM!!!"