Tomato Corn Toss
Annette Marie Young of West Lafayette, Indiana uses the microwave to prepare this quick dish which features banana peppers, tomatoes and corn. If using fresh corn, plan on using 4 to 6 ears to get the 2 cups you'll need.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 to 2 banana peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the tomato, peppers, water and seasoning blend. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in corn and butter. Cover and microwave for 2-3 minutes or until heated through and butter is melted.
Editor's Note: When cutting banana peppers, disposable gloves are recommended. Avoid touching your face.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 147 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Tomato Corn Medley in Light & Tasty August/September 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.