Annette Marie Young of West Lafayette, Indiana uses the microwave to prepare this quick dish which features banana peppers, tomatoes and corn. If using fresh corn, plan on using 4 to 6 ears to get the 2 cups you'll need.
Recommended: 42 Better-for-You Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 to 2 banana peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the tomato, peppers, water and seasoning blend. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in corn and butter. Cover and microwave for 2-3 minutes or until heated through and butter is melted. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Corn Toss in Light & Tasty August/September 2007, p14