Tomato Corn Bread Bake Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2-1/2 cups canned diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, corn, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- 2. Combine corn bread mix, egg and milk just until moistened. Spoon over meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Combine any leftover tomatoes from Tomato Corn Bread Bake with your favorite salsa and serve with tortilla chips while the casserole bakes.
1 each: 422 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 958mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 4g fiber), 27g protein.